Promotional code: (LF2Y2019)
This is your opportunity to join our community as an artist/performer!
What’s in it for you?
This is your chance to showcase your talent(s) and work with us to use the performing arts (music, drama and dance) to turn the spotlight on issues that affect individuals, communities and society as a whole. When you join our community you have the opportunity to be paid for being involved in the delivery of our funded projects. Projects that turn the spotlight on a wide range of social issues.
You will also have access the benefits we offer and be advertised on our website as a featured artist/performer. This will make you visible to others within our network: including artists, performers and venues that champion live entertainment. Unlike other organisations, we do not take an agency fee for work you attract as a result of working in association with us; our aim is simply to provide you with opportunities to develop your business/initiative, develop personally and help you generate an income. You will also have access to information, advice and support with overcoming the challenges associated with the performing arts industry and attracting paid work/gigs.
You will also have the opportunity to come up with project ideas and we will help you to write funding applications, generate income and investment; we can often access funding that
individuals such as yourself cannot. We will consider delivering projects in partnership with you too. The more proactive you are, the more work we will be able to assist you with gaining. We love new ideas that help people UK wide. This is a chance for you to bring your ideas to fruition and generate an income all whilst working in association with us to provide people with telling real stories and turning the spotlight issues that affect individuals, communities and society.
Throughout your association with our iconic you will have access to a wide range of development resources at your disposal. These include access to a wide range of business development resources, mentoring and coaching support. If you feel your values, ethos, skills and passion for the arts match ours as a social enterprise and would really enrich the products and services Iconic provides, then we would love to have you as part of our team!
Once you become part of our community:
• We will consider you for involvement in the delivery of our projects as and when they
• You will have access to a range of development resources such as business advice and
mentoring and coaching support
• Exclusive access to our closed Facebook group including Facebook Live events.
• We will feature you as one of our artists/performers on our website: www.iconic-group.com
• We will provide you with the opportunity to network with other like-minded people. We are
here for you to call upon when you need support, we are here as a community passionate
about working together to achieve great things.
Once you are signed up as a member, you are part of our enterprise meaning you are part of this family and all the tools we offer are available to you.
All you need to do to join our community is:
Pay your £125 association fee in full alternatively you can set us monthly Standing Order of £11.00 per month or schedule a regular Paypal payment. (we allow you to cancel your association fee with at any time, however you will lose access to all the benefits we provide and we will not be able to continue providing us with your products and services.
1) Process your association fee by using the following PayPal link: https://paypal.me/
IconicArtistFee quoting promotional code: (LF2Y2019) alternatively set up a standing order to: Iconic Music, Drama And Dance Ltd: sort code 20 49 17 account number 13143961
2) Provide us with a brief biography comprising of 80-100 words maximum, any links to
your website and social media platforms and a high-quality business logo or headshot image of yourself in jpeg format (no larger than 800 megapixels) you would like to use.
A good headshot …
• Is framed from the chest up.
• Captures you looking directly at the camera; eye contact is key
• Has good lighting on your face and is taken against a neutral background
• Showcases the personality you want to project. This is what makes it memorable.
• Is easy to see and notice even when it’s small.
We want you to be a part of our growing community of artists and performers.
We hope you have decided to take up the fantastic opportunity and are as excited as we are about being involved in using the performing arts to shine the spotlight on issues that affect individuals, communities and society as a whole.
You can join our community for free, however, you will only have access to basic benefits and we will not be able to pay you for providing us with your services.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything in more detail, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via our website: https://iconic-group.com. We would love to hear from you.
Iconic is a performing arts social enterprise that was established in January 2012 with a primary focus on using music, drama and dance to highlight issues that affect individuals, communities and society. Our objective is to raise awareness of people’s stories with a view to positively impacting upon people’s health and wellbeing, and society as a whole. We work in association with emerging and experienced artists/performers who are passionate about supporting others and sharing and showcasing their talent(s). We facilitate their engagements with other industry professionals, artists/performers and venues that champion live entertainment.
Types of projects we pay associates to help us to deliver
Iconic’s Fast Forward project is designed to encourage ex-military personnel to use the performing arts as a way of sharing their story with family, friends and loved ones – a story they may not be able to speak about candidly on their own.
The performing arts has always had a connection with the unspeakable, enabling artists and performers to tell a story in a way that is completely unique to them and their experience, using whichever creative method they feel is natural. As a social enterprise passionate about social purpose and the health and wellbeing of our wider community, Iconic Music, Drama and Dance Ltd is enthusiastic about bringing this aspect of the arts to those effected by post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our Be the Boss project is a volunteer training programme whereby 24 young people will be trained and given hands-on experience and the skills to develop and host a showcase event. The project will turn the spotlight on the issue of loneliness and isolation amongst young people.
What is expected of you as an associate
Act with Integrity
Integrity is fundamental to Iconic. Along with our other values of leadership, passion, accountability,
collaboration, diversity and quality, it is at the core of our vision and mission. Integrity means doing what is right. By acting with integrity, we reflect positively on the values and reputation of the organisation. We all are required to do what is right, for ourselves and for the organisation. This addresses our responsibilities to the organisation, to each other and to customers, suppliers, consumers and governments. We all must follow the law, act with integrity and honesty in all matters and be accountable for our actions.
Use good judgment
Use good judgment and avoid even the appearance of improper behaviour.
Consider your actions and ask for guidance
If in doubt about a course of conduct, ask yourself:
• Is it consistent with best practice?
• Is it ethical?
• Is it legal?
• Will it reflect well on me and the Company?
• Would I want to read about it in the newspaper?
If the answer is “No” to any of these questions, don’t do it!
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
This memorandum of understanding (MOU) is between Iconic Music, Drama and Dance Ltd, a Limited Company by guarantee Social Enterprise; registered in England and Wales with company number: 07912926 of Phoenix Studios, 253 – 255 Belgrave Gate, Leicester LE1 3HU
And you the artist/performer
This MOU describes the expectations inherent in the relationship between you and Iconic Music Drama and Dance Ltd who have agreed to work together to deliver a range of product/services
About the relationship
The relationship between the parties is that of independent organisations. Nothing in this MOU is intended to, or shall be deemed to,establish any partnership between any of the parties (notwithstanding any references in this MOU or any communications between the parties to “partners” or “partnership”, which are used for convenience only), or constitute any party the agent of another party, or authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of any other party.
As an associate you will benefit from the following:
• You become part of our community
• We will consider you for involvement in the delivery of projects as and when they become live
• You will have access to a range of development resources such as business journals, coaching and mentoring support
• Exclusive access to our Facebook Live business development discussion group
• We will feature you as one of our artists on our website: https://iconic-group.com
• We will provide you with the opportunity to network with other like-minded people
Founded in 2012, Iconic is a performing arts social enterprise (primarily focusing on music, drama and dance) with a passion for supporting artists and performers, providing opportunities to showcase talent and connect with other artists, industry professionals and venues.
Iconic provides services for the following themes:
Social purpose – Health & Wellbeing: to address inequalities in society and promote a proactive and preventative approach to health and well-being
Employability: to develop skills, confidence and understanding of the performing arts industry to help artists and performers progress more successfully and fulfil their ambitions
For further information on the social enterprise, please visit https://iconic-group.com
Role of the Parties
As an associate, you and Iconic Music Drama and Dance Ltd, where applicable, will work collectively to provide the agreed products and services.
Working partnership in a manner that fosters innovation between the two organisations particularly in the following areas:
• The efficient delivery, management and evaluation of the project(s)
• Protects the professional integrity of both organisation/parties
• Honour the terms and conditions detailed in any Delivery Agreement
• The amount we pay is determined on a project by project basis
It is the intention of the parties that if and when they identify an opportunity to work cooperatively on a particular matter, they will document the terms on which they will cooperate. in which may be an informal letter agreement or a schedule for attachment to this MOU
If either party considers the other to be in breach of their duties under this MOU or has a grievance about some aspect of the operation of the MOU, the parties shall endeavour to resolve the issue through joint discussion, attempting in good faith to negotiate any disputes without involving third parties, although there is acceptance that in the event of an unresolved dispute an agreed arbitrator may help to resolve matters.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property and related material produced, including any trade secrets, moral rights, goodwill, relevant registrations or applications for registration, and rights in any patent, copyright, trade mark, trade dress, industrial design and trade name (the ownership of Intellectual Property/Commissioned material) that is developed or produced for Iconic, Music, Drama and Dance Ltd will all be subject to this agreement and as such will be deemed to be the sole property of Iconic, Music, Drama and Dance Ltd.
The Contractor may not use the Intellectual Property/Commissioned Material for any other purpose except with the written consent from the Director(s) of Iconic, Music, Drama and Dance Ltd. The Contractor/Associate: Artist, Performer, Venue and Provider will be responsible for any and all damages resulting from the unauthorised use of the Intellectual Property/Commissioned Material.
Except as provided to the contrary in any Delivery Agreement, any intellectual property rights which are either pre-existing and used or are specifically developed or created by a party for use, (in either case) in relation to the subject matter of this MOU remain the property of that party and the other party does not thereby acquire any interest in such intellectual property rights.
a. The provisions of this paragraph are without prejudice to the term and termination provisions of any Delivery Agreements.
b. A party may terminate this MOU with immediate effect by notice in writing to the other party if the other party (defaulting party) is in material breach of its obligations under this MOU and, where such breach is capable of remedy, the defaulting party has failed to remedy that breach within [3 weeks] of written notice from the terminating party requiring it to do so.
c. Either party may terminate this MOU at any time on 3 months’ written notice to the other party.
d. This MOU shall continue until:
i. it is terminated in accordance with either subparagraph (c) or (d) above or by mutual written agreement of the parties; or
ii. the third anniversary of the date of this MOU if, by that date, the parties have not entered into any Delivery Agreements.
e. Termination or expiry of this MOU shall not affect a party’s accrued rights and obligations.
Limitation of Liability
a. Nothing in this MOU or any Delivery Agreement shall limit or exclude a party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by
its negligence, or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other act, omission, or liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
b. Subject to subparagraph (b) above, neither party shall have any liability to the other party, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or for any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this MOU or any Delivery Agreement.
1. In this MOU, Confidential Information means information concerning the business, affairs, customers, clients or suppliers of the other party which the disclosing party has marked or otherwise identified to the other party as confidential prior to disclosure. Each party undertakes that it shall not disclose to any person any Confidential Information of the other party, except as permitted by subparagraph (c) below, and that it shall not use the other party’s Confidential Information for any purpose other than those contemplated in this MOU
1) Any press releases or other public announcements concerning the subject matter of this MOU shall be agreed between the parties before release and the parties shall consult together on the timing, contents and manner of release of any such release or announcement.
2) Subject to subparagraph (b) above, to the Confidential Information provisions of this MOU and to the provisions of any Delivery Agreements, a party may include reference to the relationship with the other party and areas of cooperation envisaged in this MOU without the prior consent of the other party provided that such reference is consistent with the spirit of this MOU and with any guidelines (e.g. as to use of logos) provided by the other party. If a party objects to any aspect of any such reference by the other party, the objecting party may require the other party to remove or amend such reference and the other party shall promptly either comply with such request or, where that party is not content with an amendment required by the objecting party, remove the reference.
All information is subject to change.
Iconic Music Drama and Dance Ltd
253-255 Belgrave Gate
Tel: 0116 248 7167